What is The Flex Developer used for?
The Flex Developer is an orthodontic treatment appliance, which delivers a reliable force between mandible and maxilla. The power derives from an elastic mini rod that can be thinned to enable even more gentle treatment forces. The possible range is from 1000 grams to as low as maybe 50 grams (10 - 0,5 N). Easy measuring with a corex force gauge.
What makes the Flex Developer unique, is the simple installation and its outstanding durability. Even after continuous use for many months there is no breaking or loss of power.
- Distalising upper molars (HG-like)
- Mesialising lower molars or premolars (Aplasia or after extractions)
- Cl II-corrections between upper and lower dental arch
- Helping to grow the mandible forward
- Retrusion of upper incisors
- Protrusion of lower incisors
- Midline corrections (unilateral application)
- Unilateral dental Cl II correction (unilateral application)
What are the unique features?
- Length adaptable to individual need
- Force adaptable to individual need
- Lasting elasticity
- Relockable anterior piece
- Measuring gauge for quick installation
- Can be combined with lip bumper or headgear
- Securing mini disc for pin safety
- Great patient comfort
Comparing The Flex Developer To Elastics
In contrast to effects of CI II mechanics with elastics where the forces increase and become more vertical with increased mouth opening (undesired), the Flex Developer only produces a horizontal force just before tooth contract. The vertical force is negligibly small. When the mouth is opened, it slides back passively, without force or side effects.
Thinning the mini rod’s diameter enables individual forces between 1000 grams down to 50 grams.
Shortening the mini rods with included measuring gauge a quick and simple procedure
- Force in grams, activation in mm
- Mini rod 3mm, (unthinned diameter)
- Mini rod thinned to 1,5mm diameter
Relockable anterior attachment
Very easy to put in or take out
For more information please contact Lorraine Porto at Lorraine@adentausa.com